We are a team of experts committed to helping individuals navigate the process for receiving needed financial assistance.
We are often asked, how much does assisted living cost? While the cost will depend on the type of assisted living service you need, Silver Birch is available to those of all means, including those who qualify for Medicaid. A joint program of the federal and state governments, Medicaid can cover the costs associated with receiving assisted living services at Silver Birch. For more than 50 years, Medicaid has provided a safety net so that seniors can get the supports for daily living even after they have depleted their own resources. A person seeking financial support from Medicaid applies through the state in which they reside. The state determines how Medicaid benefits are provided.
Since Medicaid eligibility rules can be challenging for a newcomer, Silver Birch offers prescreening and consulting prior to submitting a Medicaid application. Silver Birch is here to walk you through the approval process and identify the necessary benefits and strategies to get you or a loved one approved. During this process we will also help determine if there are other benefits that you qualify for such as veteran benefits or section 8. Our prescreening and consulting sessions help families be better prepared and fully supported in their assisted living selection.
After your prescreening and consulting sessions we will provide step by step instructions on what to expect while qualifying, but here are some helpful reminders:
- Gather your financial information early
- Watch for phone calls from your AAA and return them
- Carefully watch your mail for any notices from AAA or Division of Family Resources
- Stay in touch with Silver Birch during each step
- Any related mail correspondence related to eligibility
- Any scheduled phone interviews and in-person appointments
- The outcome of any phone interviews and appointments
- Make sure to attend appointments and phone interviews
- Provide complete and truthful ﬁnancial records. Incomplete ﬁnancial records will delay and possibly disqualify you
- Use the checklists provided by Silver Birch
- Meet new neighbors by visiting Silver Birch for activities and social events
- Reach out to Silver Birch
- If you have additional questions about the approval process
- If you need help tracking down certain documents